Based in Adelaide, South Australia, Unitopia endeavours to draw from the heart and soul of the listener thought provoking topics such as environmental awareness, political and social upheaval and the hectic pace of life and human relationships in a positive and uplifting light. Using progressive themes as a framework, Unitopia’s music includes elements of world, classical, jazz, heavy rock, and groove.
1) Bahamas is Afie Jurvanen, and for the last many years he's been playing other people's music-- PasoMino, Great Lake Swimmers, The Stills, Howie Beck, Amy Millan, Jason Collett, Hayden and zeus. He's spent the last few years playing piano and guitar with Feist. He walks with a strange and haunted gait, due to a horrible knee injury suffered while on tour, and it's rumored that this might be what led to the appalling "shorts on stage" incident. No photos of the crime have surfaced and the indie rock police are asking anyone with information to come forward.
Floating Me is Andrew Gillespie (vocals), Antony Brown (guitar) and Tobias Messiter (keyboards) of Scarymother, Jon Stockman (bass) of Karnivool and Lucius Borich (drums) of Cog. The band formed in 2010.
Stray is the name of 4 artists: 1. Stray is the name of a side-project of Erica Dunham -aka Unter Null. Her music is described as a trancey tunnel of melancholy melodies carrying clear sequences, bittersweet words and mesmerising atmospheres. Stray is a much more positive approach than Unter Null. 2.Stray are a UK rock band that formed in 1966. Vocalist Steve Gadd, guitarist Del Bromham, bass player Gary Giles and drummer Steve Crutchley formed the group whilst all were attending the local Christopher Wren School in London.
Fair to Midland are a progressive rock band formed in Sulphur Springs, Texas in 1998. Anyone who thinks the phrase “it’s all been done before” carries real weight clearly has yet to encounter Fair to Midland. Dark, heavy, moving, cryptic, progressive art rock collides with flourishes of old-school country, Americana and Delta Blues in their sound. These Lonestar boys genre-defying and boundary obliterating ocean of sound righteously upends the old phrase “fair to middling” from which their Texas-ified moniker was drawn.
There are at least 5 bands with the name Point of View: 1. Point of View(POV) is a German synthpop band formed in the mid 90's. 2. Point of View is also a progressive rock/metal band residing in Poland with three releases to their credit. 3. Point of View also is a Belgian positive hardcore band who brings you Oldschool Beatdown ! 4. Point of View is the greatest pop punk band alive and are from northeast pa. you like blink like them.
Mercury Sky is a new project involving long-time musical partners, guitarist Keiren Lovett and drummer Keiran Berry, who found singer/guitarist Austin Uebel and bassist Tim Chambers fresh from other musical projects. Their aim is to combine the love of original music and its complexities within their instruments with the simplicity and wide appeal of rock music to create what could be best called progressive rock/alternative rock, inspired by bands like Incubus, A Perfect Circle and Karnivool.
Closure In Moscow is a progressive rock band based in Australia. The band formed in Melbourne, Australia, in 2006, comprising of lead vocalist Chris De Cinque, drummer Beau McKee, guitarist and backup vocalist Manny Zennelli, guitarist Michael Barrett, and bassist Bradley Kimber. Only 18 months after first forming, they signed to Taperjean Records and released their debut EP (self-proclaimed 'albumette') on April 19, 2008, titled The Penance and the Patience, off which two music videos were released.
Hawkwind is an English rock band and one of the earliest space rock groups. The band was formed by ex busker and blues man Dave Brock in Ladbroke Grove, England, who intended to marry simple three-chord rock with experimental electronic music. He cites his influences for the band at the time as The Moody Blues, Steve Miller Band and the krautrock scene of Kraftwerk, Neu! and particularly Can.
The band was formed in 1969 by visionary Dave Brock and although it has
been subject to numerous line-up changes it is still led by him. The early
There are several artists using this name:
1) The Spanish indie pop band (1991 - 1993)
2) The British rock band (1967 - 1973)
3) The disco group signed to New York Salsoul Records (1970's-1980's)
4) The Brazilian hardcore band (1990's) 1) Family was a Spanish indie band active 1991-1993 formed by Javier Aramburu and Iñaki Gametxogoikoetxea. They released just one album in 1993 titled Un soplo en el corazón," a tribute to the film by Louis Malle.