Yukon Blonde is: Jeff Innes (Guitar, Vocals), Brandon Scott (Guitar, Vocals), Graham Jones (Drums, Vocals). Old friends of long stretches of highway and sleeping on floors, the band set-out, in the fall of 09, for a 37-date tour across Canada including POP Montreal, Halifax POP Explosion and CMJ, picking up rave reviews along the way. The tour ended - almost two months later - with a triumphant return to their original home town of Kelowna on November 8th 2009. The success of the EP, the tour, and the festivals attracted the attention of Bumstead Records (k.
Macy Gray (born Natalie McIntyre September 6, 1967) is a Grammy Award winning neo soul/R&B singer, songwriter, record producer and actress. To date, Macy has released five studio albums, one compilation album and a live album. She has acted in a number of movies including Training Day, Idlewild, and Lackawanna Blues, Gray is best known for her international hit single "I Try", taken from her multi-platinum debut album On How Life Is. Other hits include "Sweet Baby," "Do Something," "When I See You," and "Beauty in the World."
Imaginary Cities are Rusty Matyas and Marti Sarbit. It all started at The Cavern. Winnipeg is known as the “Heart of the Continent.” In this beating heart on the prairies, there is always new music being made: in its clubs and basements, and in between work and life. Imaginary Cities was born in a club called The Cavern, in between sets. Their debut album, Temporary Resident, has been nominated for the 2011 Polaris Prize Longlist, and they have been gaining fans around the world for their renowned live performances, including a stint opening for the Pixies across North America.
Neil Finn is a singer and songwriter and one of New Zealand's foremost musicians. In 1977 Neil was invited to London to join Split Enz, the band formed by his elder brother, Tim Finn. Split Enz broke up in 1984 and Neil formed a new band, Crowded House, with several other Australian and New Zealand musicians. Crowded House had a string of hits over the next 10 years, releasing 4 albums and culminating in a concert in the forecourt of the Sydney Opera House. Finn went solo after this, releasing several albums as well as two albums with his brother Tim (Finn Brothers).
Micheal Ray Stevenson (born November 19, 1989 in Compton, California), better known by his stage name Tyga, is an American hip hop artist signed to Lil Wayne's Young Money Entertainment and Decaydance. He is of Vietnamese and Jamaican descent. He is the cousin of Travis McCoy, lead vocalist of the group Gym Class Heroes.
In 2006 he released his first mixtape, Young on Probation, and released his debut studio album, No Introduction, in 2008. He has since released a further mixtapes, with the latest being Well Done 3, released in the summer of 2012.
His single "Taste," released in 2018, is his best charting song so far. Read more on Last.fm. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.
Francis Plagne is a Melbourne-based musician and songwriter whose work engages with both popular and experimental music.
Chairlift is an electropop band which formed in 2005 in Boulder, Colorado, United States. The band consists of Caroline Polachek (vocals, keyboards), Aaron Pfenning (guitar, synths, vocals) and Patrick Wimberly (bass, drums). The band formed in Boulder, Colorado in early 2006 to make live music for haunted houses. Frequenting the Broker Inn on the edge of town for empty late-night jazz shows, Caroline Polachek...
(1) A hip-hop producer hailing from Ft. Worth, Texas. (2) A psyche-rock band. ------ (1) Shag is a young hip-hop producer from Ft. Worth, Texas specializing mainly in the use of samples.
His music is available at http://shag.bandcamp.com (2) Shag was the alias Jonathan King adopted for the 1972 novelty single "Loop Di Love". There was also a psyche-rock band with the name "Shag". They produced a lost classic in the buzzsaw-guitar track "Stop & Listen".
Diana Anaid kick started her musical career by making her self titled debut album and sending a copy to the national Australian youth radio network Triple J. The radio station picked up on the albums first track “I Go Off” and began playing it with an immediate response from the listening audience across the country. Diana’s first album, released through independent record label Origin Recordings in Australia. Diana was nominated as “Best Female Performer” for the 2000 ARIA awards (Australian Grammy’s).
There are at least four known artists under the stage name "Me".
1) [ME] An Australian rock band formed in Melbourne in 2008 composed of Luke Ferris (lead vocals, piano and guitarist) Damian Tapley (guitar, backing vocals) Michael Godde (bass, backing vocals) Spike Rogers (drums, programming). They've released their single Westward Backwards in July 2009, Like a Fox 22 August 2011 on Lizard King Records and Naked in January 2012. Their debut mini-album Another Story High recorded by Simon â€˜Barnyâ€™ Barnicott was released on the 5 March 2012 on Lizard King Records. Their debut album, will be released February 2013 Even The Odd Ones Out in Lizard King Records. http://meband.com/
2) "Me" is the musical alter-ego of Japanese pop-rock singer misono (born Koda Misono on October 13, 1984 in Kyoto, Japan). She made her first appearance as a guest vocalist on the band BACK-ON's 2011 single, "with you". Her debut solo single, "HO-N-TO-U-SO / SU-KI-RA-I" (ãƒ›ãƒ»ãƒ³ãƒ»ãƒˆãƒ»ã‚¦ãƒ»ã‚½/ã‚¹ãƒ»ã‚ãƒ»ãƒ©ãƒ»ã‚¤) was released in November 2011.
3) ME is Dutch musician, singer/songwriter, label owner and music entepreneur, Minco Eggersman, lead singer of At the close of every day, drummer in The Spirit That Guides Us, but also releasing solo work, as Minco Eggersman and as 'ME'.
4) ME (Indonesian boy band).
5) Anglo-Irish band formed in Bristol (UK) in the early 1990's - Released the WAKE UP E.P. in 1991 & 'HARMONISE OR DIE' LP -winning critical acclaim - in 1993 http://www.bristolarchiverecords.com/bands82/Me.html Read more on Last.fm. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.