1. John Paul Young, b. June 21, 1950 (Glasgow, Scotland). After relocating to Sydney in 1966, he was 'discovered' by songwriters and record producers Harry Vanda and George Young. His breakthrough came in 1978 with the worldwide dance hit "Love Is In The Air,", peaking at #2 on the Australian charts, #7 in the USA, and #5 in the UK. He gradually faded into history, until the film "Strictly Ballroom" was released in 1992, featuring a remixed version of "Love Is In The Air.
Suzi Quatro (born Susan Kay Quatro, June 3, 1950, Detroit, Michigan) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, radio personality and actress. Suzi grew up in the States, experiencing the rock 'n' roll revolution as it happened. She became an icon of the 70's glam rock era with her tough girl image that went on to influence other female acts that arose in her wake, including The Runaways and L7.
Born in Scotland in 1946, Jim Keays was lead singer for Australian band the Master's Apprentices until 1971. He recorded his solo debut album, The Boy From The Stars, in 1974. A science fiction concept album, it reached #13 in Melbourne. The title track was released as a single.
The New York Dolls are a glam rock group formed in New York City in 1971. Current members
* David Johansen - vocals, harmonica (1971-1977, 2004-present)
* Sylvain Sylvain - guitar, bass, piano (1971-1977, 2004-present)
* Jason Hill – bass (2010–present)
* Earl Slick – guitar (2011–present)
* Brian Delaney - drums (2005-present)
* Johnny Thunders (deceased) - guitar, vocals (1971-1975)
* Rick Rivets - guitar (1971)
* Arthur Kane (deceased) - bass guitar (1971-1975, 2004)
Scissor Sisters is a four-piece glam pop / disco band, from New York City, NY, USA. The band was formed in 2000, by Jason Sellards (aka Jake Shears - lead vocals) & Scott Hoffman (aka Babydaddy - keyboard / bass). Other members are Ana Lynch (aka Ana Matronic - lead vocals) & Derek Gruen (aka Del Marquis - guitar).
Randy Schrager (aka Randy Real), is the band's live drummer. Patrick Seacor (aka Paddy Boom), left band in 2008. The group was named after a sex position between two women. Lyrics are largely written by Shears / Babydaddy & known for a mixture of wit & tragedy.
Sweet's origins go back to 1965, with UK soul band "Wainwright's Gentlemen", which included drummer Mick Tucker and vocalist Ian Gillan. The group were limited to small UK clubs playing a mixture of R&B and psychedelia. Gillan quit in May 1965 to join Episode Six, and, later, Deep Purple. Gillan's eventual replacement was vocalist Brian Connolly. Tucker and Connolly remained with Wainwright's Gentlemen until early 1968.
Ze! is one loud and bitchy electropop female singer & songwriter from Kuala Lumpur. Teaming up with Belgian producer, Ruben Debusschere to create music influenced by the likes of Madonna, Lady Gaga, MIA, Santigold, Yelle, Roisin Murphy and Peaches. Her singles 'I AM GLAM' & 'CANDY' have been picked for play on MTV's newest tv show STYL'D next to the sounds of Cobra Starship, Datarock, Oh No Not Stereo, V Factory and lots more! Recent 2009 mini european tour saw Ze! opening for Chicks on Speed, Don Rimini...
Roxy Music are an England based art rock group founded in 1971 by art school graduate Bryan Ferry (vocals and keyboards). Other members were Phil Manzanera (guitars), Andy Mackay (saxophone and oboe) and Paul Thompson (drums and percussion). Former members included Brian Eno (synthesizer and "treatments") and Eddie Jobson (synthesizer and violin), who replaced Eno after Roxy Music's second album.
There are two artists with the name "DE LA CRUZ." 1. DE LA CRUZ is the name of an Australian glam metal band, whose lead guitarist is Casey Jones. 2. DE LA CRUZ is the German DJ Jonathan De La Cruz. In 1997 his trance-house-track "Tonight (In My House)" was a big club-hit in Germany.
From the back streets of Sydney’s Inner-West, L.U.S.T. are a band of four who play a unique brand of rock. Fusing the obnoxious anarchy of '70s punk rock with the guitar driven trash of '80s hard rock, L.U.S.T. are a fast and hard punch to the throat. With a new history on the road ripping apart venues L.U.S.T. have bonded with many Australian touring acts including LORD and the Hell City Glamours.